The Christian Theological and Ministries Education Society is made up of Theological and Biblical education providers throughout New Zealand and seeks to serve the Christian constituency in New Zealand.
CTMES exists for the following:
- To promote Christian and Biblical education and to represent sector interests as requested by the members to Government bodies, departments, and agencies, to other educational agencies, or to any other bodies impacting upon the operation of members.
- To provide a forum for mutual interchange, understanding and professional encouragement of providers of Christian Theological and Ministries Education (CTME) in and from New Zealand.
- To foster amongst providers high standards of quality assurance and ethical practice according to the code of ethics as defined by the Executive Committee from time to time.
- To represent the members in establishing and implementing policies and procedures for determining and maintaining appropriate nationally recognised qualifications and quality standards for our sector.
- To develop and sustain effective relationships with comparable bodies serving our sector internationally, and with comparable bodies serving other educational sectors. CTME functions with those organisations involved in educational delivery for senior secondary and tertiary courses (Levels 1-8). However as an organisation CTME seeks to co-operate with other groupings involved in Christian Education and to cooperate with but not compete with Private Provider Associations.
- To promote self-critical and forward-looking evaluation of trends and developments within theological and Christian ministries education in our region.